14 egg yolks
24 fl. oz. whipping cream
28 fl. oz. half & half
1 1/2 cups sugar
zest of 1 large orange
50 ml Twisted & Bitter Orange
• Bring two creams and orange zest to a boil.
• While creams come up to temp, mix together egg yolk and sugar.
• Temper egg mixture with the hot cream by adding it a bit at a time, mixing constantly.
• Return the mixture to the pot and cook over low heat stirring continuously, scraping sides and bottom.
• When the mixture reaches 180 degrees remove it from heat and strain immediately.
• Stir in the bitters and allow to cool.
• When completely cool add to ice cream machine and spin until it holds well on a spoon.
• Place in a chilled container and freeze, preferably over night, before use.
Created by Anna Hunt of Bread and Butter Catering